- Explore the rugged dolomite cliffs, beaches, lagoons, sand dunes, and eucalypt forests of Bruny Island.
- Spend two nights eating local produce and sleeping at the 43Degrees luxury eco-accommodation in Adventure Bay.
- Enjoy a scenic flight of Bruny Island, before returning to Hobart via seaplane.
BOOK THIS TOUR
- Low Shoulder (20 Sept – 30 Oct): $1,400
- High Shoulder (1 Nov – 24 Dec): $1,449
- Peak (25 Dec – 31 Mar): $1,499
- Low Shoulder (1 Apr – 30 Apr): $1,400
Visit an untouched wonder situated just off the south-eastern coast of Tasmania, featuring varied vegetations and landscapes. Take three separate day-hikes on the island, returning each night to the gorgeous 43Degrees eco-accommodation to enjoy dinner and Bruny Island wine with your walking group, and a comfortable bed.
- Pick-up from Hotel Grand Chancellor in Hobart and transfer to Bruny Island
- Return journey to Hobart via sea plane including scenic flight over Bruny Island
- All National Park Entry Fees
- Professional dedicated and friendly tour guide
- Food – 2 dinners, 2 breakfasts, 3 lunches, fruit, and trailmix while on the trail
- Bruny Island wine, Tasmanian beer, and non-alcoholic drinks served with dinner only
- 2 nights in eco-friendly accommodation overlooking Adventure Bay – rated as the one of the best on the island
- Maximum group size of 8
WHAT TO BRING
- A small backpack to carry your personal items while hiking
- A medium-sized bag for your overnight gear (please ask your hotel to store any large suitcases for you)
- Confortable enclosed walking shoes
- sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle
- Walking time: 5-6 hours per day
- Walking distance: 7-15 kilometres per day
- Difficulty: Medium. A good level of fitness is needed to complete this walk. You must be capable of walking 5-6 hours per day along formed tracks and beaches
- Child friendly: No
COMPARE SIMILAR TOURS
- Slightly less walking on all days.
- Stay at a luxury campsite with canvas tents and hot outdoor shower (not at 43Degrees Eco Apartments).
- No scenic flight (transfers are by private boat)
||Meet at Hotel Grand Chancellor in Hobart at 8:15am, where you will be transferred to Kettering to join our cruise to Bruny Island.
||You’ll be driven to Bruny Island Neck Game Reserve, where you’ll walk to Cape Queen Elizabeth among lagoons and sand dunes..
||Return to 43Degrees eco-accommodation at Adventure Bay for dinner and bed, stopping at a local cheese factory and oyster farm to sample produce.
||Travel to the other side of the island to explore the beautiful Labillardiere Peninsula within South Bruny National Park. The 14 kilometre walk meanders along the rugged coastline of Standaway Bay, famous for the location of three shipwrecks dating back to the 1800s, then taking in sections of eucalypt forest with breathtaking views across Great Taylors Bay.
||Return to 43Degrees accommodation for dinner and bed.
||Take off on a 7 kilometre walk, exploring Grass Point (the site of a whaling station in the 1800’s), climbing to the summit of Fluted Cape, and crossing dolerite cliffs with a distant view of Tasman Island.
||Board a seaplane for a scenic flight over Bruny Island, returning to Hobart.