- Descend 270 metres to the valley floor on the worlds steepest incline railway.
- Traverse a huge landslide and a lush rainforest valley.
- Rock scramble up to Ruined Castle for 360° views.
Amazing views. Gave us a sense of adventure, and really made us feel like we were away from the city… – Crissy Hawkins
BOOK THIS TOUR
Ex-Blue Mountains: $249 adult $165 child / Ex-Sydney: $299 adult $195 child
(all prices discounted on Thursdays)
Visit the famous Scenic World and descend 270 metres to the valley floor on the world’s steepest incline railway, saving your knees for the long hike ahead. Tackle a large, rocky landslide before descending further into a rainforest valley thick with tree ferns, en-route to the Ruined Castle where you’ll Scramble to the top of the rocky outcrop for incredible views, and have lunch before your return trip.
- Pickup from CBD accommodation or Central Station for those travelling from Sydney
- Pickup from accommodation in Leura, Wentworth Falls, or Katoomba, for those staying in the Blue Mountains (alternatively, visitors can meet the tour at Scenic World, Violet Street, Katoomba)
- Scenic Railway ticket to descend into the valley
- Lunch and refreshment
- All National Park Entry Fees
- Dedicated tour guide
- Those travelling from Sydney will have extra sightseeing in the Blue Mountains after the tour
- Maximum group size of 15 people
WHAT TO BRING
- A backpack to carry your personal items
- Enclosed walking shoes
- Sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle (at least 2 litres – double on extremely hot days)
- Wear layers to maintain a comfortable body temperature
- A lightweight rain jacket
- DO NOT wear jeans, high heels, thongs, or sandals
- Total walking time: 6-7 hours
- Total walking distance: 13 kilometres
- Difficulty: Medium to hard (requires a good level of fitness)
- Child friendly: Yes (Child prices are for 8-16 year olds – tour not suitable for children under 8)
- Meet at Conservation Hut (Fletcher St, Wentworth Falls) at 9:30am sharp. Pickup can be arranged from Wentworth Falls Railway Station. If travelling from Sydney, pickup can be arranged from CBD accommodation or from Central Railway Station.
||Depart Sydney (for tours booked ex-Sydney)
||Depart Blue Mountains Accommodation (for tours booked ex-Blue Mountains)
||Arrive at Scenic World and catch the Scenic Railway
||Depart on your hike to Ruined Castle
||Return to Scenic World and ascend the Scenic Railway
||Return to Blue Mountains accommodation
||Return to Sydney accommodation