- Take in the dramatic coastlines of Sydney’s Royal National Park without a backpack.
- Leave the trail to stay at a cottage within the national park
- Enjoy a chat with your fellow hikers over a wine or beer and gourmet dinner.
“Good food, good company with fantastic scenery and landscapes…” – Belinda V.
BOOK THIS TOUR
$499 adult $449 child
Not far from Sydney lies the second-oldest national park in the world, the Royal National Park. Spend two days hiking the coastal tracks atop sheer sandstone cliffs, with panoramic views stretching in all directions. Take in highlights such as ‘the wedding cake’, a unique milky white cliff face sculpted by the sea, and the famous Eagle Rock. Your overnight luggage will be transported for you and you’ll finish your first day with a gourmet meal and beer or wine, and a stay at a cottage within the national park.
- Your overnight bag transported to our waterfront campsite
- A night’s accommodation at a cottage within the national park.
- For those driving: Meet at Otford and we will transfer you at no extra charge to the start of the walk. On day 2 when you arrive at Otford you can simply jump in your car and go
- For those taking public transport: Meet us at the start of the walk at Bundeena and on day 2 we will drop you at a train station with regular services such as Sutherland at no extra cost for the journey home. (Though the Otford railway station is 2kms from the finish of the walk, trains only arrive every hour – so we don’t want you to have to wait around
- Or for those visiting Sydney: We offer a hotel pick-up and drop off from the Sydney CBD for an additional $30 extra per person.
- Food – 1 dinner, 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, fruit, and trail mix while on the trail
- Beer and wine to enjoy with dinner
- Professional guide
- National Parks fees
- Maximum group size of 15 people
WHAT TO BRING
- Sleeping bag (these can be hired from Life’s An Adventure)
- A small backpack for your personal items while hiking
- Please bring your overnight luggage in a medium-sized bag. Ask your hotel to store any larger luggage for you
- Confortable enclosed walking shoes
- Sunscreen and hat
- Water bottle
- Walking time: 7-8 hours per day
- Walking distance: 11-15.5 kilometres per day
- Difficulty: Medium. A good level of fitness is required to complete this hike.
- Child friendly: Yes.
- If travelling solo, you may be required to share a tent with someone of the same gender if there are a number of solo travellers in the group. If you would like your own tent a $75 surcharge will apply.
||The walk begins at Bundeena (see “Inclusions” section for info on transfers), taking in Jibbon Beach, Jibbons Head, and then making your way across sandstone cliff-tops to some incredible Aboriginal rock engravings. You’ll continue to Marley Beach before leaving the track to stay at a cottage within the national park. Relax with a beer or wine while your dinner is prepared for you.
||Wake for breakfast and set off for Curracurrang, where a rock shelter has been found with evidence of Aboriginal occupation dating back 7,500 years. You’ll then cross the Curra moors, spectacular in springtime with abundant wildflowers and honeyeaters, and check out Eagle Rock, Garie North Head, the shacks of South Era, Burning Palms, and the Palm Jungle before finishing the walk at Otford.